Mike Pollitt | Friday 17 June, 2011 11:42
The Whale and Crow
The Razor and Hen
The Axe and Bottle
The Shovel and Boot
The Leg and Stars
The Bull and Mouth
The Bible and Swan
The Frying Pan and Drum
The Hog in Armour
The Dog and Gridiron
The Lamb and Dolphin
The Bear and Ragged Staff
The Ram and Teazle
The Crown and Rasp
Ye Olde Dr Butler’s Head
Oh for a pint in any of these. Taken from the book Old London City (1924), by Lilian and Ashmore Russan.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Mike Pollitt is the editor of The Metropolis.
Some popular articles from past years
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.