Mike Pollitt | Friday 17 June, 2011 11:42
The Whale and Crow
The Razor and Hen
The Axe and Bottle
The Shovel and Boot
The Leg and Stars
The Bull and Mouth
The Bible and Swan
The Frying Pan and Drum
The Hog in Armour
The Dog and Gridiron
The Lamb and Dolphin
The Bear and Ragged Staff
The Ram and Teazle
The Crown and Rasp
Ye Olde Dr Butler’s Head
Oh for a pint in any of these. Taken from the book Old London City (1924), by Lilian and Ashmore Russan.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Mike Pollitt is the editor of The Metropolis.
Some popular articles from past years
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.