Tom Jenkins | Friday 12 July, 2013 11:43
Toronto foursome Diana, fronted by Carmen Elle, appear to have stumbled upon a creative soulmate in Jesse Yules, the man behind the prismatic video streaming above, a filmaker with a burgeoning CV that includes credits with Grizzly Bear and Of Montreal. On Perpetual Surrender, the title track from the band’s forthcoming debut LP, Yules utilises tan and nude tones that blend perfectly with Elle and co’s laid-back romance and caramel soul. Like London’s Chinatown at dusk, it’s a feast for the senses.
Perpetual Surrender the LP is released August 19 via Jagjaguwar. Diana support Austra at Koko, November 25.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.