John Rogers | Wednesday 1 August, 2012 13:13
We’re pretty picky pop-pickers here at Snipe, but we’re suckers for a big heart, a big voice, and a big tune. Norway’s Sandra Kolstad synthesises this holy trinity to perfection on her new song “The Well”, streaming below. In a landscape crowded with electro-girls, Kolstad stands tall – her music teems with positivity, energy and spirit. Within the legions of new artists claiming Björk and Kate Bush influences, only one or two actually seem to carry that joyful, creative seed in their music, and Sandra Kolstad is one of them.
Watch out for a new album in 2012.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.