Darryl Chamberlain | Tuesday 13 December, 2011 14:16
So, after a year which has seen 16 cyclists die on London’s roads, which vehicle have London’s Conservatives – the ones which walk out of meetings rather than discuss road safety – chosen to help push Boris Johnson’s re-election push?
Whether the friends and families of those who have died on London’s roads will be as keen to “honk for Boris” is another matter, but photos of the bike feature on Cole Coachworks’ Facebook page.
Naturally, Shah, who’s the deputy chairman of London Conservative Future, is delighted with her new wheels. Another visitor, though, was less impressed…
“Every campaign needs an Einy!,” boasts Boris’s brother Jo Johnson. With a bike like that, she’s no doubt got a bright future – just so long as she avoids the Bow roundabout, the Kings Cross one-way system, the north side of Blackfriars Bridge, the Elephant and Castle…
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.