Tom Jenkins | Thursday 30 May, 2013 12:10
Here’s some eagerly anticipated new music from the ambient electronic coupling of Asher Levitas (of London-based Old Apparatus) and Norwegian vocalist Linn Carin Dirdal, aka Saa. Following on from a handful of buzz-building Soundcloud teasers earlier in the year, Your Sword Is Your Silence, taken from their eponymous debut EP, out July 8 on Left Blank, sounds like Jessie Ware fronting Cocteau Twins, with Dirdal almost imploring her own falsetto to stop being so damn hysterical on the sort-of chorus, as the sparse mix throbs and rotates. It’s all very stylish and evocative despite not really going anywhere, and is as richly organic and steeped in melancholy as the choppy expanse of North Sea that physically divides the pair.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.