Mike Pollitt | Monday 30 April, 2012 09:43
Ferran Adrià, once head chef of El Bulli, the Catalan joint consistently rated best restaurant in the world by the three people who actually got to eat there, wants to open a place in London.
He told Fine Dining Lovers:
“With my brother we have decided to open a place of snack and cocktail in London. It will be a new 41 degree concept and we will have to work a lot on this. This was a decision we took recently and now we are looking for partners to move to London.”
41 degrees is the Barcelona snackaurant which Adrià opened last year. The focus is on drinks and nibbles. But what nibbles.
The New York Times went there and found:
“…pistachios wrapped in a delicate lattice of yogurt and dusted with an otherworldly sweet white yogurt-based powder…Crispy pork rinds topped with bright green and red powder (a mixture of spices including lime peel, freeze-dried corn powder and tomato powder)…But nothing matched the spectacular desserts: meringues of dried raspberries with hazelnut, cubes of marshmallow that tasted like key lime pie, profiteroles flavored with black currant and anise that melted on the tongue like cotton candy.”
Venue and opening date still undecided. Maybe it will all fall through. But if it doesn’t, prepare for a stampede.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Mike Pollitt is the editor of The Metropolis.
Some popular articles from past years
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.