Darren Atwater | Monday 4 February, 2013 12:50
Whitechapel’s Freedom Press, founded in 1886, was firebombed last Friday by persons unknown. Brian Whelan at Vice has the definitive story.
It’s not business as usual, but the shop has re-opened today. They would love donations of books.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Darren is the editor and publisher of Snipe.
Some popular articles from past years
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.