Darren Atwater | Monday 4 February, 2013 12:50
Whitechapel’s Freedom Press, founded in 1886, was firebombed last Friday by persons unknown. Brian Whelan at Vice has the definitive story.
It’s not business as usual, but the shop has re-opened today. They would love donations of books.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Darren is the editor and publisher of Snipe.
Some popular articles from past years
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.