Darren Atwater | Monday 4 February, 2013 12:50
Whitechapel’s Freedom Press, founded in 1886, was firebombed last Friday by persons unknown. Brian Whelan at Vice has the definitive story.
It’s not business as usual, but the shop has re-opened today. They would love donations of books.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Darren is the editor and publisher of Snipe.
Some popular articles from past years
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.