Darren Atwater | Monday 4 February, 2013 12:50
Whitechapel’s Freedom Press, founded in 1886, was firebombed last Friday by persons unknown. Brian Whelan at Vice has the definitive story.
It’s not business as usual, but the shop has re-opened today. They would love donations of books.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Darren is the editor and publisher of Snipe.
Some popular articles from past years
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.