Darren Atwater | Monday 4 February, 2013 12:50
Whitechapel’s Freedom Press, founded in 1886, was firebombed last Friday by persons unknown. Brian Whelan at Vice has the definitive story.
It’s not business as usual, but the shop has re-opened today. They would love donations of books.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Darren is the editor and publisher of Snipe.
Some popular articles from past years
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.