Darren Atwater | Monday 4 February, 2013 12:50
Whitechapel’s Freedom Press, founded in 1886, was firebombed last Friday by persons unknown. Brian Whelan at Vice has the definitive story.
It’s not business as usual, but the shop has re-opened today. They would love donations of books.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Darren is the editor and publisher of Snipe.
Some popular articles from past years
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.