Darryl Chamberlain | Tuesday 3 January, 2012 13:32
Well, Einy’s back to start the new year with a honk. With millions of commuters returning to work today to find their rail, Tube and bus fares hiked up, Labour activists are crowing.
They say over two thousand people turned up to stations at the crack of dawn to leaflet Londoners about the fare cuts they promise if Ken Livingstone gets back in.
As passengers feel the pinch, what was Einy’s response on Twitter?
“well it’s been a fucking pr disaster for us – thank god for the rain…”
Language, Einy. And next time, stick “DM” in front of it, eh?
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.