Tom Jenkins | Wednesday 19 June, 2013 14:00
Snipe favourites Trails and Ways reside in Oakland, a short hop over the imposing fiery steel of the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. The lead track from their new Trilingual EP, streaming below, feels very much like an L.A. record however. It’s atypical of the four-piece: killer hooks, boundless sunshine and a guitar solo that wouldn’t sound out of place on a (good) Don Henley solo record. Emma Oppen and co. appear to have nailed that most elusive of summer beasts, the cool holiday song – just make hissing noises when listening to imitate the sound of cooking meat/skin.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.