Tom Jenkins | Wednesday 19 June, 2013 14:00
Snipe favourites Trails and Ways reside in Oakland, a short hop over the imposing fiery steel of the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. The lead track from their new Trilingual EP, streaming below, feels very much like an L.A. record however. It’s atypical of the four-piece: killer hooks, boundless sunshine and a guitar solo that wouldn’t sound out of place on a (good) Don Henley solo record. Emma Oppen and co. appear to have nailed that most elusive of summer beasts, the cool holiday song – just make hissing noises when listening to imitate the sound of cooking meat/skin.
Some popular articles from past years
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Diary of the shy Londoner
© 2009-2020 Everywhen Ltd.