Darren Atwater | Tuesday 8 November, 2011 10:49
Tony Millionaire, writer-artist of Maakies, published in every edition of Snipe, has a new book out, featuring 500 of his amazing illustrations.
500 Portraits collects for the first time over two decades of portrait work by the beloved and award-winning creator of Drinky Crow’s Maakies, Sock Monkey and Billy Hazelnuts. Tony Millionaire’s gorgeous fountain pen illustrations, which mingle naturalistic detail with strong doses of the fanciful and grotesque, include the famous (Bob Dylan), the infamous (Abu Ghraib soldier/model Lynndie England), the fictional (Yoda), the animal kingdom (a cockroach), and everything in between. Literary figures (Hemingway), literary characters (Don Quixote & Sancho Panza), Hollywood legends (Steven Spielberg), comics icons (Hergé) and historical figures (Hitler) also figure prominently.
This book should be purchased immediately.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Darren is the editor and publisher of Snipe.
Some popular articles from past years
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.