Mike Pollitt | Wednesday 14 March, 2012 10:02
MODEL TRAFFIC AREA NO. 1
It’s Tottenham, it’s 1938, it’s the model traffic area!
The video is irksomely unembeddable but click on the pic above and you’ll be watching it in no time. Especially good is a rousing political speech beginning with the immortal words “The kiddies of today…”
British Pathe – Model Traffic Area No 1
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Mike Pollitt is the editor of The Metropolis.
Some popular articles from past years
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.