Watch 93 Feet East get raided by 175 cops, the Met helicopter, and dog units to arrest five people for possession
Darren Atwater | Monday 10 December, 2012 13:43
This video, supplied by the Met, proudly one supposes, shows the vast overkill that their ‘Operation Condor’ exerted on Brick Lane venue, 93 Feet East.
Intended as ‘a major capital-wide crackdown by the Metropolitan Police on crimes relating to licensing issues,’ all the officers, including the public order specialist branch, helicopter, and dogs arrested five people on suspicion of possessing Class A drugs, two people on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs, one for being drunk and disorderly, and one for being the poor guy in control of the premises. The Met also arrested that one creature even worse than a single mum on the dole, an illegal immigrant.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Darren is the editor and publisher of Snipe.
Some popular articles from past years
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.