Watch 93 Feet East get raided by 175 cops, the Met helicopter, and dog units to arrest five people for possession
Darren Atwater | Monday 10 December, 2012 13:43
This video, supplied by the Met, proudly one supposes, shows the vast overkill that their ‘Operation Condor’ exerted on Brick Lane venue, 93 Feet East.
Intended as ‘a major capital-wide crackdown by the Metropolitan Police on crimes relating to licensing issues,’ all the officers, including the public order specialist branch, helicopter, and dogs arrested five people on suspicion of possessing Class A drugs, two people on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs, one for being drunk and disorderly, and one for being the poor guy in control of the premises. The Met also arrested that one creature even worse than a single mum on the dole, an illegal immigrant.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Darren is the editor and publisher of Snipe.
Some popular articles from past years
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.