Tom Jenkins | Thursday 29 August, 2013 12:42
Los Angeles’ Steph Thompson, aka Steffaloo, is, like a versatile cheese, something of a collaboration machine, having previously worked with the dreamy likes of Sun Glitters, Teen Daze and Blackbird Blackbird. Her second pairing with producer Chrome Sparks plays the waiting game, but patient souls are richly rewarded around one minute thirty. Suddenly it’s like a switch has been flipped and you’re transported to a heaving (possibly underwater) dancefloor moving as one in rapture to Sparks’ soft, determined beats, making eyes at hot mermaid/merman patrons, sipping squid-ink cocktails.
Eyes For You is taken from Steffaloo’s forthcoming album Heart Beats, out October 29 on Mush.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.