Tom Jenkins | Thursday 29 August, 2013 12:42
Los Angeles’ Steph Thompson, aka Steffaloo, is, like a versatile cheese, something of a collaboration machine, having previously worked with the dreamy likes of Sun Glitters, Teen Daze and Blackbird Blackbird. Her second pairing with producer Chrome Sparks plays the waiting game, but patient souls are richly rewarded around one minute thirty. Suddenly it’s like a switch has been flipped and you’re transported to a heaving (possibly underwater) dancefloor moving as one in rapture to Sparks’ soft, determined beats, making eyes at hot mermaid/merman patrons, sipping squid-ink cocktails.
Eyes For You is taken from Steffaloo’s forthcoming album Heart Beats, out October 29 on Mush.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.