Tom Jenkins | Wednesday 15 May, 2013 12:13
Former Ponytail and Ecstatic Sunshine man Dustin Wong is releasing an album with Japanese artist Takako Minekawa (the latter’s first in 13 years). Toropical Circle is released digitally today through Plancha, and on vinyl in July via Thrill Jockey. Streaming above is a track from the album, a mix of Wong’s trademark clean and intricate guitar lines and effortless rhythms, Minekawa’s ethereal, piercing vocals and some high-pitched synth squelches. It threatens to morph into something else entirely towards the end before cruelly reaching its conclusion, leaving us with a host of unanswered questions.
Wong is embarking on a European tour this June/July – no UK dates as of yet, but we’ll keep you posted.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.