Tom Jenkins | Tuesday 27 August, 2013 11:38
Youth Lagoon’s Trevor Powers continues his upward trajectory with this track from his recent second LP Wondrous Bughouse. Raspberry Cane sees him maturing into a songwriter of real significance, even if he does overdo it with the Sergeant Pepper-isms. Great video too, perfectly suited to the fairytale wooziness of the song itself. This is dream music, or a soundtrack to those brief moments spent in the wooly no-man’s land between wakefulness and sleep.
Youth Lagoon play Islington Assembly Hall November 1, with Anna Meredith in support.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.