Tom Jenkins | Tuesday 27 August, 2013 11:38
Youth Lagoon’s Trevor Powers continues his upward trajectory with this track from his recent second LP Wondrous Bughouse. Raspberry Cane sees him maturing into a songwriter of real significance, even if he does overdo it with the Sergeant Pepper-isms. Great video too, perfectly suited to the fairytale wooziness of the song itself. This is dream music, or a soundtrack to those brief moments spent in the wooly no-man’s land between wakefulness and sleep.
Youth Lagoon play Islington Assembly Hall November 1, with Anna Meredith in support.
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.