Tom Jenkins | Friday 12 July, 2013 11:43
Toronto foursome Diana, fronted by Carmen Elle, appear to have stumbled upon a creative soulmate in Jesse Yules, the man behind the prismatic video streaming above, a filmaker with a burgeoning CV that includes credits with Grizzly Bear and Of Montreal. On Perpetual Surrender, the title track from the band’s forthcoming debut LP, Yules utilises tan and nude tones that blend perfectly with Elle and co’s laid-back romance and caramel soul. Like London’s Chinatown at dusk, it’s a feast for the senses.
Perpetual Surrender the LP is released August 19 via Jagjaguwar. Diana support Austra at Koko, November 25.
Some popular articles from past years
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- A unique collection of photos of Edwardian Londoners
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.