Tom Jenkins | Friday 12 July, 2013 11:43
Toronto foursome Diana, fronted by Carmen Elle, appear to have stumbled upon a creative soulmate in Jesse Yules, the man behind the prismatic video streaming above, a filmaker with a burgeoning CV that includes credits with Grizzly Bear and Of Montreal. On Perpetual Surrender, the title track from the band’s forthcoming debut LP, Yules utilises tan and nude tones that blend perfectly with Elle and co’s laid-back romance and caramel soul. Like London’s Chinatown at dusk, it’s a feast for the senses.
Perpetual Surrender the LP is released August 19 via Jagjaguwar. Diana support Austra at Koko, November 25.
Some popular articles from past years
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
© 2009-2020 Everywhen Ltd.