Mike Pollitt | Friday 18 November, 2011 10:53
It’s good work by Assembley Member John Biggs, and his press release justifiably mentions that he’s been talking about this for a long time.
At an urgent meeting called by John Biggs, the mayor and his transport officials agreed to report back within a week on how they intend to improve safety at the junction. The new commitment comes after John Biggs’ two-year campaign to increase safety at the roundabout.
The review will look at pedestrian safety too, but I find this part of its focus particularly relevant:
Cycling Super Highways giving cycists a false sense of security
The blue paint suggests that you’re in a dedicated cycling lane. You’re not, you’re on a small bit of road that happens to be painted blue.
John Biggs – Boris and TfL agree urgent safety review of Bow Roundabout
Diamond Geezer – Is this the most dangerous roundabout in London?
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
About this writer
Mike Pollitt is the editor of The Metropolis.
Some popular articles from past years
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.