Mike Pollitt | Friday 18 November, 2011 10:53
It’s good work by Assembley Member John Biggs, and his press release justifiably mentions that he’s been talking about this for a long time.
At an urgent meeting called by John Biggs, the mayor and his transport officials agreed to report back within a week on how they intend to improve safety at the junction. The new commitment comes after John Biggs’ two-year campaign to increase safety at the roundabout.
The review will look at pedestrian safety too, but I find this part of its focus particularly relevant:
Cycling Super Highways giving cycists a false sense of security
The blue paint suggests that you’re in a dedicated cycling lane. You’re not, you’re on a small bit of road that happens to be painted blue.
John Biggs – Boris and TfL agree urgent safety review of Bow Roundabout
Diamond Geezer – Is this the most dangerous roundabout in London?
Some popular articles from past years
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.