Mike Pollitt | Monday 12 November, 2012 21:28
This face, if a face it is or was or will be, is grotesque. It fascinates me, but then grotesques usually do. Nothing quite excites as something not quite right.
The piece is by Mindy Lee and entitled John’s Overfaced. It’s part of an exhibition called All the Dead Dears, which Mindy is co-curating with Sarah Gillham at the WW Gallery near Chancery Lane.
More details at the WW Gallery website.
Our interview with an artist whose work featured at the gallery earlier this year – Pigs ear bunting, sex-faced elephants and a ten foot high bra. Meet the art of Ayuko Sugiura
Some popular articles from past years
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
© 2009-2020 Everywhen Ltd.