Mike Pollitt | Wednesday 19 September, 2012 10:59
This is a map which shows the callouts London Air Ambulance has made in 2012, broken down by postcode. So far in 2012 my postcode has 2x “pedestrian vs car”, which tells me something. Have a look to see what’s going on where you live.
View London’s Air Ambulance – Mission data 2012 in a larger map
The air ambulance service is a charity and it needs your money and awareness. They are throwing a “wear red” day on 28th September (deets here) to raise awareness and that would be a great thing for you to do. And if red really doesn’t suit you or want to just cut to the chase you can donate online here and wear whatever the hell colour you want.
The charity gets bonus marks for having the following postal address:
London’s Air Ambulance, The Helipad, The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, E1 1BB.
Some popular articles from past years
- Margaret Thatcher statue rejected by public
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Only 16 commuters touch in to Emirates Air Line, figures reveal
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- Nice Interactive timeline lets you follow Londoners' historic fight against racism
- Random Interview: Eileen Conn, co-ordinator of Peckham Vision
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- The five best places in London to have an epiphany
© 2009-2019 Everywhen Ltd.