Adam Bienkov | Thursday 20 September, 2012 22:13
Infamous Tory Councillor Brian Coleman was arrested today on suspicion of common assault:
The Barnet and Whetstone Press report that:
Totteridge ward member Brian Coleman was arrested in connection with an alleged attack in Finchley this afternoon (Thursday) and is currently being held at a central London police station
According to those at the scene, Coleman was involved in a confrontation with a cafe owner in North Finchley after she saw him parking in a nearby loading bay.
Buzz Cafe owner Helen Michael allegedly tried to take a picture of Coleman after which an assault took place.
Earlier this year Helen Michael was summoned to a meeting with Barnet Council after she produced a series of posters accusing Coleman of “murdering” Barnet’s high streets with high parking charges.
FRIDAY UPDATE Brian Coleman has been released on bail. A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said:
“A 51-year-old man was arrested on Thursday 20 September in connection
with an alleged common assault. He was taken to a central London police station and was subsequently bailed to attend a north London police station in late October pending
Were you at Buzz Cafe? Did you see what happened? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the latest articles from Snipe by following on Twitter and Facebook
Some popular articles from past years
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- Diary of the shy Londoner
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
- 9 poems about London: one for each of your moods
- London has chosen its mayor, but why can’t it choose its own media?
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
© 2009-2018 Everywhen Ltd.