Adam Bienkov | Thursday 20 September, 2012 22:13
Infamous Tory Councillor Brian Coleman was arrested today on suspicion of common assault:
The Barnet and Whetstone Press report that:
Totteridge ward member Brian Coleman was arrested in connection with an alleged attack in Finchley this afternoon (Thursday) and is currently being held at a central London police station
According to those at the scene, Coleman was involved in a confrontation with a cafe owner in North Finchley after she saw him parking in a nearby loading bay.
Buzz Cafe owner Helen Michael allegedly tried to take a picture of Coleman after which an assault took place.
Earlier this year Helen Michael was summoned to a meeting with Barnet Council after she produced a series of posters accusing Coleman of “murdering” Barnet’s high streets with high parking charges.
FRIDAY UPDATE Brian Coleman has been released on bail. A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said:
“A 51-year-old man was arrested on Thursday 20 September in connection
with an alleged common assault. He was taken to a central London police station and was subsequently bailed to attend a north London police station in late October pending
Were you at Buzz Cafe? Did you see what happened? Email us at [email protected]
Some popular articles from past years
- Hope and despair in Woolwich town centre
- Could red kites be London's next big nature success story?
- Peter Bayley has worked for 50 years as a cinema projectionist in East Finchley
- Silencing the Brick Lane curry touts could be fatal for the city's self-esteem
- The best church names in London, and where they come from
- Punk brewery just as sexist and homophobic as the industry they rail against
- An interview with Desiree Akhavan
- The five spookiest abandoned London hospitals
- Number of people using Thames cable car plunges
- Nice map of London's fruit trees shows you where to pick free food
© 2009-2022 Everywhen Ltd.